Moonstory Ltd ("we", "our", "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), Moonstory Ltd is the data controller and processor. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with Registration Number: ZA742093.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance by emailing email@example.com.
We use the personal data you provide for your benefit when using the Website and our Services.
We track how you use the Website, but we do this to improve and personalise your experience.
Any time we reuse your personal data, we do this so that you do not need to provide the same information twice.
If you provide us with contact information over the Website and through the use of our Services, we will only use that contact information to get in touch with you to discuss how we can improve or extend our Services.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about you from which you can be identified (“Personal Information”). It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your first and last name and email address.
- Your company’s name.
- Your (and/or your company’s) physical address.
- Information you choose to provide us through our Services (including, for example, your birthdate and/or phone number).
We may also collect and aggregate information about the use of our Website and our Services. That information includes browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, screen resolution, browser type, operating system name and version, language, as well as add-ons for your browser. The information may also include usage data, including the pages visited on and links clicked on our Website, the time spent on those pages, and the pages that led or referred you to our Website.
If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the instructions to unsubscribe displayed in the email or contact us.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
We may also use your Personal Information where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including to share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
We may collect, store and use your Personal Information by way of different methods to collect data from and about you including through direct interactions, as provided by you when filling in forms via our Website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- present Website content;
- use any of our Services;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Although most browsers automatically accept Cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting Cookies. Please note, however, that if you don’t accept Cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Website or the Services.
Third-party Cookies we use include:
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The cookies used by Google Analytics help us to analyse how users use the Website and to count the number of people who use the Website. Google Analytics stores your IP address anonymously and neither Moonstory nor Google will associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. This information will be held for 2 years.
If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including Personal Information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. If we transfer your Personal Information from the E.U. and process it in the United States, we do so in accordance with applicable law. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We will keep personal data for as long as is necessary which is usually the life of our relationship and up to a period of seven years after our relationship have ended. We may however be required to retain personal data for a longer period of time to ensure we comply with our legislative and regulatory requirements. We review our data retention obligations to ensure we are not retaining data for longer than we are legally obliged to.
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group.
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
- We may contract with third-parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third-parties may require access to some or all of your data.
- Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third-party under GDPR and the law.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate:
- to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas);
- to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third-party or the public in general; and
- to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- ask for a copy of your Personal Information;
- ask us to correct your Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated;
- ask us to transfer your Personal Information to other organisations;
- ask us to erase certain categories or types of information; or
- ask us to restrict certain processing.
If you choose to remove your Personal Information, you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You have the right to object to processing of Personal Information. Where we have asked for your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
The Website and our Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them. If the linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, or the privacy practices.
Our Website and Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen, and we kindly request they not provide any Personal Information through the Website or Services.
Flat 23 Fenland House
Harry Zeital Way